Re: [OT] Gmail & my replies to this list

On 02/23/2009 06:10 PM, Mike Castle wrote:
On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 3:57 PM, Patrick Wiseman <pwiseman@gmail.com> wrote:
What I find is that original messages to the list do not show up in my
inbox until someone replies, but that replies show up at the
appropriate point in the thread.

The message is still unread, just not associated with the Inbox label.

If you go into Sent Mail, you'll find the message there, unread.

When a reply comes in, the Inbox label is associated with the new
message, not the whole thread.  But it displays it as an entire
thread.

You should be able to show this by creating a new label, say
'testing'.  Send a message to a list you subscribe to.  As soon as you
send, go into Sent Mail, and apply that new label.

When you get a response, that new message should show up under both
labels, even though you don't have a filter to go to apply that label.

That is, the new message shows up in the testing label because the
original message has that label associated with it.  The original
messages shows up in the Inbox because the new message has that label
associated with it.

Wouldn't that only be relevant to the Web Interface?

(Anyway, more proof that gmail sucks...)

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

The feeling of disgust at seeing a human female in a Relationship
with a chimp male is Homininphobia, and you should be ashamed of
yourself.