fancontrol - empty /proc/acpi/fan

Hi,

I've recently re-installed Debian (squeeze) on my PC.

My last installed system included fancontrol via lm-sensors, and I was able
to configure fancontrol to make my PC almost free of noise.

I've tried to setup fancontrol on my new system.
The 'sensors-detect' program found the sensors nicely and 'pwmconfig' seemed
to control the fans ok.
Everything looked fine, but fancontrol didn't work (and still doesn't). Then
I found that /proc/acpi/fan/ was empty (modules 'thermal' and 'fan' were
loaded).

Any suggestions? - I sure miss my silent PC.

/Svend