Re: Problem with default resolution starting Debian Lenny

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 14:40, Carlos Fernandez <mrstvx@gmail.com> wrote:
> Exactly, sorry if my english is too basic.

It isn't too bad, I just wanted to make sure my understanding was
correct.

I guess that when X starts up, it can't probe the EDID of the monitor,
so it defaults to VGA resolution . First, are you running Lenny (stable)
or testing/unstable? Second, does your xorg.conf file have a "Modes"
line in the "Screen" section or an Option "PreferredMode" line in
the "Monitor" section?

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers