Re: console DVD writer?

On 02/21/2009 05:44 PM, Michael M. Moore wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
On 02/21/2009 03:19 PM, Joerg Schilling wrote:
Volkan YAZICI wrote:

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009, asdf asdf <k.joseph1...@gmail.com> writes:
What is the "best" DVD writing solution "without GUI"? :D

wodim.

wodim does not support to write DVDs.

Then how am I able to burn DVDs, even though I do not have cdrecord installed?

I thought the package dvd+rw-tools was required to write DVDs.  No?

Brasero, which I use, depends on wodim, but I don't see dvd+rw-tools in either the Depends:, Recommends: or Suggests:.

Anyway, these are the only binaries in dvd+rw-tools:
/usr/bin/rpl8
/usr/bin/dvd+rw-mediainfo
/usr/bin/dvd+rw-format
/usr/bin/dvd+rw-booktype
/usr/bin/growisofs
/usr/bin/btcflash
/usr/bin/dvd-ram-control

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

The feeling of disgust at seeing a human female in a Relationship
with a chimp male is Homininphobia, and you should be ashamed of
yourself.