Re: is it possible to install a custom initramfs USB bootable system?

Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir@cohens.org.il> wrote:
> Why not use NFS root?

Because I want the machine to function without any other machines turned
on around it. After initial installation, the machine must boot and
function completely alone, no local network or anything like that.

>>  1. Debian is installed in RAM (maybe from PXE netboot)
>>
>>  2. with some command a compressed squashfs image is created of the
>>     current system, and saved on an USB flash stick
>
> And for every change you'll have to recreate the filesystem.

Yes, I know, and its not a problem, I want it this way.

> Did I mention nfs?

Yes, I know, and I don't want it.