Re: Debian Lenny 5 on Inspiron 1525

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 10:05:07AM -0500, Martin Kenneth Lopez wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I just get Lenny 5 stable, but I don't know if anybody else have a
> problem with the wifi, Lenny doesn't recognize the wifi card not even
> with ndiswrappers.... any help will be appreciated, I already try
> everything.

That is not very informative.

> Thanks in advance

You may have to enable it from Windoze. I recently tried the Wi fi card
in an Acer laptop from an Ubuntu CD where (from memory) "sudo lshw -C
network" indicated it was disabled.

The docs said either turn it on -- sometimes there is a physical switch,
but I couldn't find one, or it may need to be enabled from Windoze.

Luckily, strange as it may seem, Windoze was still installed so I booted
into it. (Am dreading the day when I need to install Windoze to enable
wi-fi.)

Sure enough, there was a checkbox with the, as usual reverse logic,
message: enable micros0ft to configure this [driver card] (sorry can't
remember exact wording). Unchecked the checkbox, rebooted into the Ubuntu
CD and, voila!, it worked out of the box!!

Hope this helps.

If this does not solve your problem then please post back BUT also
provide information about your card: "lspci -vv" and what you have done,
what you expected to happen, and what actually happened.

--
Chris.
======