Re: Lenny kernel (2.6.26) hangs

> Just to add, you could install one of the linux-image-686 or
> linux-image-2.6-686 meta packages.

> The first one depends on the most recent linux kernel, the second one
> depends on the most recent 2.6 kernel.

I tried linux-image-2.6-686 and linux-image-686 (for PentiumX machines).
Both behave the same way. I see the kernel and initrd load, then nothing.
The old 2.6.18 still boots right up. I also tried going into the grub
command-mode and doing a 'testload' on the kernels and initrd images.
They appear to load just fine, but trying to actually 'boot' them sends
the machine into never-never-land. Definitely something this old box
doesn't like about the new kernal.

D. C. Busboom