Apache2 confused by index.php after Lenny upgrade

I'm ignorant when it comes to Apache/php, etc.

I had a working etch server with Apache2 and PHP5, but after the upgrade to Lenny, whenever I point my web browser to a simple index.php file:

westk[@]goshen]:/home/westk/web:> cat index.php
<?
phpinfo();
?>

the web browser opens a dialog window asking what I want to do with the index.php file.

I'm unsure how to go about troubleshooting this.

westk[@]goshen]:/etc/apache2:> cat mods-available/php5.conf
<IfModule mod_php5.c>
 AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml .php3
</IfModule>

westk[@]goshen]:/etc/apache2:> cat mods-available/php5.load
LoadModule php5_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so

westk[@]goshen]:/etc/apache2:> ls -lh /usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5.2M 2009-01-26 16:45 /usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so

westk[@]goshen]:/etc/apache2:> ls mods-enabled/
alias.conf          authz_user.load  include.load     ssl.conf
alias.load          autoindex.conf   mime.conf     ssl.load
auth_basic.load       autoindex.load   mime.load     status.conf
authn_file.load       cgi.load           negotiation.conf  status.load
authz_default.load    dir.conf           negotiation.load
authz_groupfile.load  dir.load           setenvif.conf
authz_host.load       env.load           setenvif.load

(I'm thinking maybe there's supposed to be a php5.conf or something in the above directory? If so, where do I get it?)

Thanks for any help!

--
Kent West     <*)))><
http://kentwest.blogspot.com