RE: Brightness Control

> Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 09:21:22 +0200
> From: jspies@sun.ac.za
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: Brightness Control
>
> On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 02:24:04PM +0000, Lalit Dhiri wrote:
>
>> To test further I created a Lenny gnome live usb stick and tested. When
>> using the usb stick everything appears to work as expected suggesting
>> something might be missing from my install.
>>
>> Can anyone advise what I might have missed in the install?
>
> Do a 'dpkg --get-selections> a' on the usb-stick installation and
> 'dpkg --get-selections> b' on your normal installation and compare them
> using either diff, sdiff or comm.
>
> Regards
> Johann

Yes thanks I already did a selection compare with the Live USB packages using diff / sdiff and could not find anything that I thought would make a difference.

The issue has however, been fixed by adding the user account to the powerdev group.

Make a mini you and download it into Windows Live Messenger
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/111354029/direct/01/