apache error

 I was trying to follow the HOW-TO:
http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-debian-lenny-ispconfig2
when I got to page 5 and the apache2 setup.
I had previously installed apache , and had changed some settings, and apache
doesn't work.
When i try to remove it, and purge it, it still leaves those config files. I
have tried to reinstall, but I'm still getting errors when starting apache. I
tried removing the /etc/apache2 folder and THEN installing apache, but it
doesn't recreate that folder.
How do I get back to a plain vanilla apache2 installation config setup??
here is what it says when I try to start it:
# /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
Restarting web server: apache2(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not
bind to address [::]:80
(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80
(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
Unable to open logs
 failed!

--
Paul Cartwright