Re: etch/EVMS upgrade to lenny

Hi Adrian

thanks for the quick reply.

> Are the partitions Native EVMS or are they normal partitions accessed
> through the /dev/evms/ mount points?
Most of them are native EVMS, because I occasionally used the snapshot function. They are EVMS on LVM2 on a software RAID.
I could probably convert them back into "compatibility volumes".

My main goal with EVMS was to have a nice GUI that allows to resize/shrink partitions with different filesystems - without having to remember all commmand line options.

> Have you tried booting the system using the lenny install media and
> selecting rescue mode to see if the partitions can still be accessed
> without changing your system?
I wanted to upgrade via the Net, so I don't have installation media yet.
I guess the best way is to first convert all volumes back from EVMS to "compatibility"(especially root), then make some space on the RAID and install a minimal lenny as rescue system. I would have to install lenny last, otherwise it would change the grub boot sector and I'd be stuck, right?

Best regards

Oliver