Re: unzip -a strange behavior

Ron Johnson wrote the following on 02/16/2009 07:05 PM:
On 02/16/2009 06:50 PM, Dennis Wicks wrote:

dgwicks:~# unzip -v
UnZip 5.52 of 28 February 2005,
by Debian. Original by Info-ZIP.

It doesn't look like it has changed in the past five years, which makes me think it might be something else that unzip interacts with. But I have no idea what it might be.

Weird input files?

As it turns out, apparently there is something wrong with the input zip file. I tried unzip on another file that I know produced correct results and it operates correctly.

The out put from the "weird" file looks OK except for the ^M but how can you be sure? Obviously something is wrong with it some how.

Thanks for the suggestion. That appears to be the problem.

Dennis