Re: testing or unstable?

Rodolfo Medina escribió:
I've been using Debian for more than three years now, but always using the
official DVDs of the most current stable version: first Sarge, and then Etch.

Recently, many times I've been needing to use a testing/unstable Debian version
for many applications that were too old in stable Debian, so now I'm thinking
of switching to a testing/unstable Debian version for good.

Now, my question is: which one is more advisable, testing or unstable?
It depends on the main using of your installation. You need to think if it is a critical production server, non critical server or personal using. I think your talking about personal use. For first option you need to think on a stable version, for the second maybe unestable if you need the new features and for personal use you could think in unestable version.

For my laptop (two years old), I will install the new lenny release but it will be changing to an unestable version... :D
Excuse the basicness of my question, thanks for any reply
Rodolfo