Re: Lenny upgrade: Can't mount mdadm RAID drive under kernel 2.6.26

also sprach S D <sundimi@yahoo.com> [2009.02.16.2219 +0100]:
> A bug report was sent to submit@bugs.debian.org. No confirmation
> that it was received yet, so here's a copy, just in case.

I received it, but this is not whatrI requested. Please run
sh /usr/share/bug/mdadm/script under kernel 2.6.18 *as root* and
send the output to 515676@bugs.debian.org. The output should include
a lot more information.

Anyway, it seems that the reason it does not is because it fails:

> --- initrd.img-2.6.18-6-686:
>
> gzip: /boot/initrd.img-2.6.18-6-686: not in gzip format
> cpio: premature end of archive

and consequently exits. This is a separate bug in the script. For
now, please edit the script and remove the line "set -eu" at the
start, then rerun it.

You might also want to investigate what's wrong with your initrd.img
file.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

"if ever somethin' don't feel right to you, remember what pancho said
 to the cisco kid...  `let's win, before we are dancing at the end of
 a rope, without music.'"
                                                             -- sailor