Re: request to try something with midori

(I cat the two mails you sended)
--- On Sat, 2/14/09, Chris Burkhardt <chris@mretc.net> wrote:

> I switched it to
> /usr/lib/swfdec-mozilla/libswfdecmozilla.so and tried
> again -- and that also played the videos fine! Maybe even
> better.
>
> So let's try to figure out where our systems differ. I
I agree :)

> have the following
> packages installed:
>
> midori 0.1.2-1
> mozilla-plugin-gnash 0.8.3-6
> swfdec-mozilla 0.6.0-4

apt-cache policy midori mozilla-plugin-gnash swfdec-mozilla flashplayer-mozilla
midori:
  Installed: 0.1.2-1
  Candidate: 0.1.2-1
mozilla-plugin-gnash:
  Installed: 0.8.4-2
  Candidate: 0.8.4-2
  Version table:
swfdec-mozilla:
  Installed: 0.8.2-1
  Candidate: 0.8.2-1
  Version table:
flashplayer-mozilla:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 1:10.0.15.3-0.1

> In your bug report you mention "swfdec-mozilla
> 0.8.2-1" which is only in Sid. If
At the time when I've done the installation of midori
there were no midori package in Lenny !!
(so the sid version is the only available at now)
> you are using that with the Lenny version of midori, that
> might be the cause of
> your segfaults.
>
> - Chris B

--- On Sat, 2/14/09, Chris Burkhardt <chris@mretc.net> wrote:

> Well nevermind, because you said you were getting the
> segfaults with the
> non-free flash plugin. What version of that do you have
> installed?
Someone said non-free, and maybe I repeated it, but in fact I had
the
flashplayer-mozilla (see upward)
and it's in main.
(As you can see I remooved it, but only to be sure
it was not it that was used (for tests))

Just to give you more informations:
update-alternatives --config flash-mozilla.so
There are 2 alternatives which provide `flash-mozilla.so'.
  Selection    Alternative
 +        1    /usr/lib/swfdec-mozilla/libswfdecmozilla.so
*         2    /usr/lib/gnash/libgnashplugin.so

So for the moment it doesn't seg_fault (with gnash)
It doesn't very well play the google-youtube video neither,
but that's an other problem

The problem, both with swfdec-mozilla and flashplayer-mozilla,
was (repeat) when changing the video or trying to play the "small"
video.
It was appening both with google-youtube or any other
site.

Ink Bottle