Re: Orphaned packages & libs removal question

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 10:24:50AM -0600, John W Foster wrote:
> I want to clean up my system as best I can. I have installed the
> gtkorphan and deborphan for this purpose. My question is will these ONLY
> remove .deb installed libs. I have several non-debian apps that I use
> and do NOT want to remove libs that they require. Any suggestions??
> Thanks!

Deborphans job is to check for orphaned Debian packages, and to my
understanding that doesn't include packages compiled from source. When
it comes to those you may want to apt-pin them and mark them as
irremovable -- then when you use Deborphan it should skip over the
pinned libs.

--
		  http://pobega.wordpress.com
		    http://identica/pobega