Re: test for package dependencies without installing

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 4:18 PM, Paul Yeatman <pyeatman@ucsd.edu> wrote:
> Hi, I'm wondering if there is a command I can run on a debian package that would test for whether all dependencies of that package are already installed on the system without actually installing the package if so.  This mailing list thread http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2006/09/msg00292.html is on the exact topic and many suggestions are thrown out but none of which I can prove true.

You can simply look at the package detail in aptitude's ncurses
interface and see at a glance which dependencies you already have
installed (also, which recommends and suggests).

Michael M.

--
"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within
limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add