Re: ALSA devices: NOT ENABLED IN CONFIG

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 16:25:19 +0000, T o n g wrote:

> My "amixer: Mixer attach default error" problem was solved by
>
>  % aptitude install libesd-alsa0
>
> (Ref:
> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/debian-26/no-sound-debian-lenny-amd64-gigabyte-ga-
> ma78gm-s2h-amd-780g-677646/)

Hmm, not any more.

While trying to OP problem myself, I tried the remove and re-install approach:

  % dpkg --force-depends --purge alsa-base alsa-oss alsa-utils libasound2 libesd-alsa0 linux-sound-base

  % aptitude install alsa-base alsa-oss alsa-utils libasound2 libesd-alsa0 linux-sound-base

  % alsaconf
  Setting default volumes...
  amixer: Mixer attach default error: No such file or directory
  Saving the mixer setup used for this in /var/lib/alsa/asound.state.

I have this "amixer: Mixer attach default error" again.

Please help.

thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)