Re: email accounts for exim4

On 02/13/2009 06:26 PM, Oscar Corte wrote:
Hi all:
I just installed exim4 in order to set a local intranet email server. I understand that users should be added in order to have their email account, but I have a couple of questions: Do they have to be in the Debian-exim group?

Probably not.

Do they need to have a /home/newuser directory?

I *think* that exim can interface with mysql. This would be for virtual hosts at colocation sites, etc.

However, giving each user an account on the mail server is surly the easiest way to set things up.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Supporting World Peace Through Nuclear Pacification