Re: problem cleaning /tmp /var/run, etc

On 2009-02-14 07:18 +0100, vwf wrote:

> That solves the sudo mystery, but others remain. One is /var/run/exim4/,
> which is not installed, /var/run/apache2/, /var/run/hplip/,
> /var/run/identd/, /var/run/sshd/, and others, which are empty. I would
> expect them to be gone.

Subdirectories of /var/run are left alone, possibly to avoid problems
with buggy packages that forget to recreate them in their init script.
I'm not sure that this is TRT because having /var/run on a tmpfs is
supposed to be supported, but that's how things currently are.

> In addition, /tmp is only cleaned when I do it manually.

What is the value of TMPTIME in /etc/default/rcS ?

Sven