Re: hostname & how to empty dns

Nagy Daniel wrote:
> The router get's the hostname of the Debian PC [it's in his DHCP
> client list], now the only problem is that I can't ping [the Linux PC]
> it by it's hostname from another computer..:S:D:S

Probably your router is not a real DNS server and will only uses that
names for informative purposes. Easiest way is to add the IP of your PC
to the other computer's /etc/hosts file. The more complicated way is to
set-up a DNS server.

--
Ambiguity:
	Telling the truth when you don't mean to.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br
http://move.to/hpkb