Re: hostname & how to empty dns

Nagy Daniel wrote:

> Hi [again :D:S]
>
> Just two questions:
>
> 1 - When I use Debian [when a normal router does the DHCP for it] -
> from the routers DHCP client list, I only see a "*" for hostname [for
> the Debian PC], and I saw it several times now. Am I missing a
> package? Why can't the router see the hostname for the Linux PC?
> [Normal DVD install, Debian Lenny]

I don't know for that question, that is the same thing on my personal
router... I don't think this comes from a missed package.

> 2 - How could I empty the local DNS cache under Debian [or generally
> under Linux] - Restart networking? [/etc/init.d/networking restart?]

What do you mean by "the local dns" ? You manage your dns directly in
local ? With bind ? Or do you use ISP's DNS ? If you use bind, restart
it for reloading the bind cache.

> Thank you!
>
> Regards
>
> david