Re: netcat in listen mode don't exit

Michael, thanks for your reply. But if you read my entire email, you'll see that the problem is netcat NOT exiting after disconnect. So, your script will not solve the problem, because the nc never exits.

Thanks anyway.

2009/2/11 Michael Iatrou <m.iatrou@freemail.gr>
When the date was Wednesday 11 February 2009, Paulo Brito wrote:

>  I"m trying to setup netcat so it serves logs to other systems. When a
> client connects, the server starts to send some logs.
>
> I run netcat in listem mode like this:
>
> # nc -l -p 5558 -c "tail -f /var/log/syslog"

while :; do nc -l -p 5558 -c "tail -f /var/log/syslog"; done

--
 Μιχάλης Ιατρού (txzu)