Re: [OT] Friday the 13th

On Wednesday 11 February 2009, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 08:32:22AM -0600, Jack Schneider wrote:
> > On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 08:06:36 -0600
> >
> > Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> > > On 02/11/2009 07:47 AM, Jack Schneider wrote:
> > > [snip]

> > > How can you make such a comment when you have *no clue* as to
> > > what any other entity does?
> >
> > RE:  "probably"
>
> Wasn't it Carl Sagen who caculated that there "probably" are other
> intellegent life forms in the universe, out of all those billions and
> billions of possibilities?

Sagan (correct spelling) was quite clear in articles and at least once
when I heard him speak that he did not use the term "billions and
billions."  The only time he used that term was when saying, "I've never
said, 'Billions and Billions,'" or when saying it to satisfy someone who
just had to hear him say it.  He liked to point out that it was an
incredibly vague term that he would not use.

Hal