NAT unreachability problem in VUZE(Azureus)

Sir
i use vuze a lot for downloading. my problem is that it always shows NAT reachability Problem, No Incoming Connections (icon corresponding to NAT in the bottom right section of the screen is always red) With  bit of 'googling' i found that if i can solve this problem, i can download faster with torrents.

there is a page
http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/NAT_problem

solution given there is

The commands below can be entered in a root terminal session to open the ports (TCP and UDP)

iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport <your_port_number> -j ACCEPT
iptables -I INPUT -p udp --dport <your_port_number> -j ACCEPT

<your_port_number> is the port number you have used for port forwarding (Avoid 6881-6999, any from 49125-65535 is fine)

Once you've established the port is open you need to make the change persist through a reboot

      create a file /etc/init.d/iptables_azureus and add the lines below
(sleep 220
/sbin/iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport <your_port_number> -j ACCEPT
/sbin/iptables -I INPUT -p udp --dport <your_port_number> -j ACCEPT ) &

The (sleep 220 is there to make the script wait a few minutes to allow subsequent firewall configuration scripts to run. 220 seconds is a large value and you may choose to configure a lower value. The key is that the opening of the azureus port is not countermanded by the firewall initialisation which runs later. At the end is a ) & which allows the script to let the rest of the boot continue, while the script waits.

   chmod +x /etc/init.d/iptables_azureus make the file executable
update-rc.d iptables_azureus start 51 S . links the file into the startup sequence

So i created a file iptables_azureus in /etc/init.d as

#! /bin/sh
(sleep 220
/sbin/iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 63549 -j ACCEPT
/sbin/iptables -I INPUT -p udp --dport 63549 -j ACCEPT ) &

chmod +x /etc/init.d/iptables_azureus
update-rc.d iptables_azureus start 51 S

then on execution of iptables_azureus, i got the following error:

debian:/etc/init.d# /etc/init.d/iptables_azureus
update-rc.d: warning: /etc/init.d/iptables_azureus missing LSB information
update-rc.d: see <http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts>
Use of uninitialized value $level in string ne at /usr/sbin/update-rc.d line 199.
Use of uninitialized value $level in pattern match (m//) at /usr/sbin/update-rc.d line 200.
update-rc.d: error: expected runlevel [0-9S] (did you forget "." ?)
usage: update-rc.d [-n] [-f] <basename> remove
update-rc.d [-n] <basename> defaults [NN | SS KK]
update-rc.d [-n] <basename> start|stop NN runlvl [runlvl] [...] .
-n: not really
-f: force

i'm new to scripts and have no idea what all this means please help me