Re: Which programming Language

On 02/09/2009 05:02 PM, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 11:57:42PM +0200, Micha Feigin wrote:
Just for the record, Fortran is very much alive and kicking. It's actually a
wonderful language for mathematical work and HPC. It's just no longer a hype
word. And I'm mostly talking about fortran 90/95. Fortran 77 is a bit archaic.
I am hoping that a fortran 2008 compiler will come out soon and that has object
oriented paradigms. Maybe part of the problem is the lack of a
cheap/free/accessible compiler for windows as the intel compiler rather
expensive, but HPC is much more linux/unix based anyway.

I agree that Fortran is alive and kicking.  I still have some Fortran77

Isn't it obvious to everyone that PL/I is the *only* language?

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Supporting World Peace Through Nuclear Pacification