totem player

I have spent the day updating my one computer (running m$crap) whilst listening to my favourite station on my Debian computer (which has been up and running since Dec1 without a reboot which is more than I can say about the other OS!!!)). At 6hrs I had to restart my browser and access the web site to restart Totem. Is the some kind of time limit setting that I can disable or is this controlled from the originating site?

Thanks

John