Re: Term not set

--- On Fri, 2/6/09, Frank McCormick <Debianlist@videotron.ca> wrote:

> From: Frank McCormick <Debianlist@videotron.ca>
> Subject: Re: Term not set
> To: l.glidewell.lists@gmail.com
> Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Date: Friday, February 6, 2009, 2:11 PM
> L Glidewell wrote:
> > On Thursday 05 February 2009 20:06:54 Frank McCormick
> wrote:
> update-manager installing
> Dialog won't work. It falls back to
> >>   Nobody ??
> > Well, the question isn't completely clear. How do
> you run this application,
> > and in what context do you receive this error message?
>

> Simple. Click on update-manager...if there are no updates
> to be
> installed...click on "check". If there are
> updates, click on "Install".
> When the installation begins I presume update-manager runs
> a terminal,
> because that is where I see the message "Term not
> set"
>

> How does the terminal
> > run "in" update-manager? Wouldn't it be
> the other way around?
>
> Update-manager is a GTK program...so it'll run from the
> desktop.
>
> What dialogue
> > isn't working? What do you mean by readline?
>
> Readline I gather is the default the system uses when
> Dialog isn't
> available.

This has to do with debconf, I sorted this issue by running "configure-debian", then choosing subsection "admin", then choose program "debconf", then choose the interface and priority level you want to use. I use KDE, so naturally I choose the KDE interface.

HTH's.

Best regards.

--
Angus

"All churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Muslim, appear
to me no other than human inventions, setup to terrify and
enslave mankind - and to monopolize power and profit."
--
Thomas Paine (1737-1809)

###Laptop powered by Debian Linux###
######Reg. Linux User #278931######