Re: iceweasel segfault

On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 07:51:37 +0100, Jonathan Kaye (jdkaye10@gmail.com) wrote:

> Javier wrote:
>
> > Hugo Vanwoerkom escribió:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Using a link in the New York Times to the transcript of Flight 1549,
> >> Iceweasel segfaults scrolling through the document.
> >>
> >> http://www.scribd.com/doc/11719666/Tracon-Transcript
> >>
> >> Anyone verify this?
> >
> > For me it does not sefault. Lenny amd64.
> >
> > It must be a Flash problem.
> >
> > Bye.
> Using FFx (not IW) 3.0.6 no crashing. It takes a bit of fidgeting to get it
> to scroll as Ron described. Maybe it's an Ipaper thing rather than flash?

If it is of interest, it scrolls perfectly and smoothly up and down using
IceWeasel 2.0.0.19.

However, I can confirm that on my second box with IceWeasel 3.0.6 it
does NOT work properly.  The mousewheel insists on scrolling the whole
page and not the Ipaper window.

Also, I find that on both machines, Konqueror shows this page correctly,
just like IW 2.

So I don't think it's Flash at fault, but something odd with IW 3.

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.
Please reply to the list only.  Do NOT send copies directly to me.