Re: How to change LANG = en_US ?

If export is the only way to do it, I can of course put the export
LANG=en_US statement in /etc/profile.

However, I am thinking then what is the use of /etc/environment? What
purpose does /etc/environment serve if changing LANG="en_IN" to
LANG="en_US" in /etc/environment doesn't affect the LANG shell
variable of my terminals?