Re: Software for creating web page

Tom Ashley wrote:
On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 08:56 -0800, Cahaya Lilin wrote:
Hello all..
is there any one know what is a good software for creating web in
linux like dreamweaver in windows ??
Thanx..

I've never used them but
http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/Linux_software_equivalent_to_Windows_software lists the following as similar linux software: OOWeb, NVU, KompoZer (fork of NVU 1.0), Quanta Plus, Mozilla, Screem, Bluefish, Amaya.

Good luck.

Tom Ashley

I have used a few and they are probably not like Dreamweaver.

Quanta, Screem and Bluefish are HTML editors, they don't have a wysiwyg interface. They have useful little dialogues to help adding tags but that's about it.

Amaya is the W3C test platform and as such is brutally strict about everything - its not really appropriate for everyday HTML development.

That leaves you with Nvu and Komposer - which are the two I have never used but are supposed to be wysiwyg. So, if that is what you want, start with them.

Kevin.