rereading/reloading keyboard layout files without relogging in?

Hello,

If I change a key map definition in a file in /etc/X11/xkb directory, is
there is a way I can re-read that file for the new keyboard layout to be
effective without having to relogin?

I know xrdb can be used to reread .Xdefaults. Hopefully something
similar can be done for the keyboard definition files.

Thanks.

ever having been read.