Re: hald/dbus Question
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: hald/dbus Question
- From: Emanoil Kotsev <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 12:36:34 +0100
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- References: <20090131161454.GA4390@tomgeorge.info> <1233419941.3835.4.camel@localhost> <20090131181731.GA5032@tomgeorge.info>
Thomas H. George wrote:
> Stick with my Debian Lenny 64 bit system but run the Ubuntu 32 bit
> system as a chroot. I can reboot to Ubuntu and then reboot back to
> Lenny but that's a nuisance.
X is not available over chroot. I don't remember doing this but there is
info I 've seen .
Also the ubuntu hal/dbus are not running when you chroot. may be mount /proc
and /sys after chrooting.
chroot environment is not that easy to create, especially when trying to use
X, so I don't think you'll be able to just chroot and run something that
relies on ressources that are not available.
You have to provide all the ressources needed after chrooting. /proc
and /sys will give you some.