Re: laptop lenny + TV

El mar, 30-12-2008 a las 09:58 -0800, Bob McGowan escribió:
> On Tue, 2008-12-30 at 09:46 -0800, consultores1 wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I have tried to connect my Debian laptop to a TV, using different
> > methods, but it became almost impossible.
> >
> > Can somebody please, write the diferent steps to do it succesfully.
> >
> > My partners at work, using Windows, connect laptop+TV, mark 2 screens
> > and it is ready! How can i do something similar?
> >

> A little more info would be helpful, in particular exactly how you want
> to connect to the TV.
>
> For example, I can use an LCD TV as a "monitor", to display my desktop
> and to play video files I have on the laptop hard disk.  This is fairly
> straight forward to do.
>
> But if you mean that you want to receive TV programs via the laptop, to
> play on the laptop or external display, you need some sort of TV tuner,
> probably USB, plus the software/drivers to run it.
>
> Without the above info, it's a bit hard to help.

Hello

I want to say thanks to the people who help me connecting my laptop + my
tv; it is right now working correctly, using nvidia drivers, i really
dont exactly know how, but it is working. Really thanks.

I wrote this message here, responding to this e-mail, because this
e-mail was the cause to complicate the inmediate solution of my
situation; requiring absurd extra information when the answerd for it,
it's absolutely generic in 2 different ways; via nv drivers and via
nvidia drivers.

thanks again.