Re: startx resets kbdrate of the Linux console

* T o n g <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> [090131 20:37]:
> On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 01:35:29 +0000, David Jardine wrote:
>
> >>     # startx seems to mess with kbdrate...set it back to what I like
> >>     sudo kbdrate -r 30 -d 250 -s
> >>
> >> . . . Is there some way to avoid the way Xwindows resets kbdrate?
> >
> > Look at kbdrate in the kbd or console-tools package.
>
> Isn't that what OP is using?

Yes, kbdrate is what I'm using. It works -- but not when X is running.
When X is running kbdrate is non-functional, with X insisting that the
repeat rate & delay in any Linux console remain stuck at some default.

Has anyone else experienced this behavior?

--
John Magolske
http://B79.net/contact