Re: Old fglrx not at snapshot.debian.org?

Jonathan Kaye <jdkaye10@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I need to downgrade my fglrx driver to version 8-7-3 but I
> >> can't find the package at snapshot.debian.org nor at
> >> packages.debian.org. Could anyone please give me a clue?
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Davide
> >>
> > Hi Davide,
> > You can find older versions of fglrx (proprietary) drivers on the
> > ATI site here: http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> Yes, I tried that, sorry I forgot to mention it. module-assistant
> wasn't able to compile the kernel module. I guess Debian introduces a
> critical patch either in fglrx-kernel-src package or in
> linux-headers-*.
>
> Thanks anyway,
> Davide
>
> Hi Davide,
> 1. Please post responses to the list. Thanks

	Apologies. I was not on my machine and I was using GMail's
*insert expletive* web interface.

> 2. In other for module-assistant to work you must delete the old
> fglrx-kernel-src found in the /usr/src folder. Also you should delete
> the /usr/src/modules/fglrx file before updating the debs that you got
> from the ATI site (using the --build-pkg  parameters for your version
> (testing/unstable/stable). m-a doesn't do anything if it finds an
> fglrx-kernel-src package. It thinks its work is already done.

	Done all that. The debs build fine provided that I manually
extract the files from the installer and add a symlink to
arch/x86_64/usr/X11R6/lib64/libfglrx_gamma.so.1.0 called
libfglrx_gamma.so.1. Still, when I ran
# m-a build fglrx
it bombed out at compilation time.

	I would actually be more than happy to get my hands on the
1:8-7-3 version of the official debs, but they are nowhere to be found.
At some point they must have been on snapshot.debian.net, since I have
found trace of someone downloading them in forums, but they have
disappeared now.

	Anyway, thanks again for the help.

Cheers,
Davide
--
Time flies like an arrow.  Fruit flies like a banana.