Re: boot-time script

* Umarzuki Mochlis (umarzuki@gmail.com) [27.01.09 04:27]:
> I tried making boot-time script for deluge like below
>
> #!/bin/bash
> /usr/bin/deluge
>
> Then I ran update-rc.d to the deluge script hat I saved in /etc/init.d
> # update-rc.d deluge defaults
>
> But when I rebooted my PC, it didn't start. Please tell me where I got it
> wrong?

What exactly are you trying to achieve?
If want to autostart deluge when you login, this is the wrong way to do
it.

If you are searching for system service, which runs even if you are not
logged in: stick with bittorent, since it does not require X to run...

HTH
Sebastian

--
 " Religion ist das Opium des Volkes. "      Karl Marx

 SEB@STI@N GÜNTHER         mailto:samson@guenther-roetgen.de