Re: can we capture (grab) xorg clipboard information directly without pressing middle button?

On 01/26/2009 01:28 AM, Mitchell Laks wrote:
Hi,

I am curious. Lets say I highlight some text,  in a document and
it "gets sent to the clipboard". (xclipboard seems to be a client
 not the clipboard itself).

Have you tried parcellite/glipper/klipper, xclip or xsel?

Is there a way to capture that data directly, without middle
click into a text destination, so that I can then manipulate that
data with a program, perhaps tied to a hotkey sequence.

Here is a use case.

I have a big document that I will want to do a regexp
manipulation on and then paste.

????

Meaning that you don't want to save the changes in the original document?

                                Can I do that in one step by
binding to a hotkey sequence?

One step instead of *two* steps?

Where is the data stored after I highlight text??

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA