Re: Reality of SATA hotplug?

> It is the reverse with external.  You can plug IN safely, but UNplugging may
> toastify the drive, or at least, the file system.  Or so I've been told.

AFAIk eSata can be unplugged safely in terms of electrical issues (i.e.,
you won't fry your drive).  But of course, if you unplug while you still
have data waiting to be written to the drive, you may lose data or even
your whole filesystem.  This is just inherent in unplugging and the same
thing can happen if you turn off the power at the wrong time.

        Stefan