Re: TEST: Can I post to debian-users? EOF

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 05:44:32PM -0500, Allan Wind wrote:
> Is there a way to configure the mailing list software such that test
> messages are automatically treated as unsubscribe requests?

Yes, as the list is run using procmail filters (smartlist).  Refer to
the archives for the many reasons it's not going to happen.

> ... If not does
> anyone have a canned maildrop rule to do so?

I don't use maildrop, but google yields this example:

    http://www.dotfiles.com/files/18/288_mailfilter

    ###################################
    #
    # Example 9:
    # Software I don't wanne read about.
    #

    if (/^Subject:.*(exim|sendmail|[x]?emacs|gdm|xdm|imap|cgi|[ ]?deb[ ])/)
    {
        to Mail/trash
    }

Ken