Re: wireless gui configuration utility

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 07:53:50 +0800
"Umarzuki Mochlis" <umarzuki@gmail.com> wrote:

> sadly, wicd currently won't work with my wireless: broadcomm 4315 on
> presario CQ40-115AU. Perhaps i need  a little tweaking or something,
> any idea?

One thing that needs to be done with wicd is point it at the right wireless
interface. It changes between modules so check what yours creates (ifconfig -a)
and point wicd to the right place (in the gui configuration)

For example for my atheros card the ath5k modules creates wlan0 and madwifi
creates ath0