Re: single Dhcp server on multiple networks

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 09:35:37PM -0800, Mike Bird wrote:
> On Thu January 15 2009 13:28:19 Rod James Bio wrote:
> > I was wondering if anyone had tried to configure a single linux dhcp
> > server to give IP to different network. We have multiple networks here
> > in our area and I am thinking of using a single dhcp server to serve all
> > other networks.
>
> It works fine, e.g.:

Did you have to setup VLANs on your switch to separate the networks, or use separate switches?  How exactly does the server know to give our IPs for subnet-X to subnet-X instead of subnet-Y?  Does the server have multiple NICs with different IPs on each?... or does it have a single NIC with multiple IPs assigned to it?

- Ken