Re: Unable to upgrade NSLU2 running debian

Hi Bob,

I did in fact run apt-get update first, and apt-get upgrade fails with
the same errors as dist-upgrade.
I usually try to upgrade it once a month.

# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
# deb http://linux.csua.berkeley.edu/debian/ etch main

deb http://linux.csua.berkeley.edu/debian/ etch main
deb-src http://linux.csua.berkeley.edu/debian/ etch main

deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 01:22:48 -0800, Eric Higgins
(erichiggins@gmail.com) wrote:

> I've noticed recently that I can no longer perform upgrades on my
> Linksys NSLU2 running Debian ARM.
> No luck from the debain-arm mailing list, they suggested I try this one.
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> -Eric
>
> # uname -a
> Linux NSLUG 2.6.18-6-ixp4xx #1 Tue Feb 12 00:57:53 UTC 2008 armv5tel GNU/Linux
>
> # apt-get dist-upgrade
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> Calculating upgrade... Done
>  openssh-blacklist

[snip]

I saw your post on the other list but was unsure what your problem is.

Firstly, please confirm that you did an apt-get update before the
apt-get dist-upgrade and secondly post the contents of your
/etc/apt/sources.list file.

I am also wondering why a dist-upgrade rather than just an upgrade,
although I doubt if that is anything to do with your problem.

I run etch/arm on one NSLU2 and lenny/armel on another and upgrade both
with few problems so hopefully this is fixable.

That openssh-blacklist package dates back to last May.  Presumably you
have not done an update/upgrade for a long time?

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.
Please reply to the list only.  Do NOT send copies directly to me.