Recovery required on readonly filesystem

Greetings:

When I booted my IBM R40 laptop running Sarge this morning I noticed a rather disturbing series of messages in the log. Maybe it's happened before, but I don't recall seeing it.

Localhost kernel: Mounted root (cramfs filesystem) readonly

and

EXT3-fs: INFO: recovery required on readonly filesystem

and

EXT3-fs: write access will be enabled during recovery

"Recovery" from what? It's up and running now. Should I do something? Should I wait till the next boot and see if it does it again or has it fixed itself already since it's experienced recovery?

postid