Re: -- SPAM -- Re: Missing Ethernet Interface

On 01/05/09 22:23, rjubio wrote:
Jeff D wrote:
On Tue, 6 Jan 2009, rjubio wrote:

Thierry Chatelet wrote:
On Tuesday 06 January 2009 04:08:36 rjubio wrote:

Hello

I would just like to ask how can i make my machine recognize the other
eth interface.
Here is the result of lspci
00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Unknown device 10bd (rev
02)
My other interface is working just fine. I would just like to have an
extra one.

Have you done "update-pciids"

Yes. Now it change to
00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network
Connection (rev 02)
from being unrecognized. But still my ifconfig -a doesnt show other interface.

try
modprobe e1000
Still nothing. Do I need to compile a custom kernel?

Do syslog or dmesg indicate anything after the modprobe?

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

I like my women like I like my coffee - purchased at above-market
rates from eco-friendly organic farming cooperatives in Latin America.