Re: rkhunter --propupd option-SOLVED

On Sun January 4 2009, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> I run rkhunter, and I am getting this message in an email:
> Warning: The O/S name or version has changed since the last run:
>          Old O/S value: Debian lenny/sid    New value: Debian 5.0
>          Because of the change(s) the file properties checks may give some
> false-positive results.
>          You may need to re-run rkhunter with the '--propupd' option.
>
> yet, when I try that, it says invalid option:
> rkhunter --propupd
> Fatal: Invalid option --propupd
> paulandcilla:/etc# man rkhunter
> paulandcilla:/etc# rkhunter -c --propupd
> Fatal: Invalid option --propupd

hmm,
#/usr/bin/rkhunter worked:)

# /usr/bin/rkhunter --propupd
[ Rootkit Hunter version 1.3.2 ]
File updated: searched for 153 files, found 132
#rkhunter -c -sk
<SNIP>
System checks summary
=====================

File properties checks...
    Files checked: 132
    Suspect files: 0

Rootkit checks...
    Rootkits checked : 114
    Possible rootkits: 0

Applications checks...
    Applications checked: 5
    Suspect applications: 0

The system checks took: 1 minute and 50 seconds

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800