Re: How do I get the japanese font back that is broken since the last update?

Dirk wrote, on 2008-12-23 12:34:
debian/unstable

Thanks for shutting the **** up if you don't have the solution.

If you want to retrieve a particular version of a package that is no longer in stable, unstable or testing, look at:

http://snapshot.debian.net/

To find and obtain what versions are of a particular package are available, you need to find the source package name for the package you want.

For example, I was looking for available versions of the linux kernel in the 2.6 series. The source package name is "linux-2.6" and so I put the following in /etc/apt/sources.list and ran aptitude -u

deb http://snapshot.debian.net/archive pool linux-2.6
deb-src http://snapshot.debian.net/archive pool linux-2.6

As always, if something breaks with an upgrade, use reportbug to see if the bug has been found and work-arounds are available, or failing that to report the bug to the maintainer.

Arthur.