Re: Songbird package?

On 2008-12-05 18:14 +0100, Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum wrote:

> Now that Songbird has been released as 1.0, will there be a Debian
> package for it? I use Lenny now.

Not in the near future, no.  There are people who intend to package it¹,
but like many Mozilla packages Songbird is rather complex.  And the
usual trademark issues with Mozilla apply to it as well.

> On the Songbird site they only have a source tarball, and the
> contributed builds are for Fedora, Ubuntu, OpenSolaris, and
> Gentoo. Are we that much behind the times?!? :-)

I don't think so.  On http://getsongbird.com/download/ you can obtain
binaries for 32-bit and 64-bit GNU/Linux that should work fine on Lenny.
The Ubuntu builds are really a joke, they are little more than just the
official binary tarballs repackaged.

Sven

¹ http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=412437