Re: Automatix w/Lenny?

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 2:37 PM, Chris <racerx@makeworld.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I know that after a certain release of Ubuntu it was suggested NOT to
> use Automatix.
>
> Can I get input on the pros and cons of using that w/Lenny please?

Warning: This mail contains content that may be considered flippant.

Pros: Well, it probably won't actually cause your computer to burst
      into flames or explode.

Cons: It's highly likely to break your system if any of the author's
      assumptions and misunderstandings don't happen to hold true for you.

Automatix is fortunately dead and buried, but somebody forgot to drive a
stake through its heart. For discussion, see eg:
http://mjg59.livejournal.com/99905.html
http://www.geekosophical.net/?p=186

-Nye