Re: Compilation of Ardour3 fails: cannot find libsndfile

On 12/02/08 18:21, Tommy Bongaerts wrote:
On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 02:28:25PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:

On 12/02/08 14:01, Tommy Bongaerts wrote:
Hello list,

I'm trying to install Ardour3 on my Debian Lenny box, but configuring
fails because it cannot find the sndfile 1.8 library:

$ apt-cache search libsndfile
libsndfile1 - Library for reading/writing audio files
libsndfile1-dev - Library for reading/writing audio files
mffm-libsndfilew-dev - wrapper for the libsndfile audio file...
moc - ncurses based console audio player
sndfile-programs - Sample programs that use libsndfile

Looks like you need to install libsndfile1-dev.

If it only were that simple...

No, ardour3 depends on sndfile 1.0.18, but Lenny carries 1.0.17.
That's why I installed 1.0.18 from source.

And even Sid only has v1.0.17.

Mhh, I prolly need to tell the system to look for header files under
/opt... Let's see if that works.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

How does being physically handicapped make me Differently-Abled?
What different abilities do I have?